About Me

My photo
Valley Center, California, United States
A Christian studying to become a missionary pilot. I have felt the call on my life to reach the untold millions of those who need His message. I also absolutely love any kind of sport on the face of the planet.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The story behind the peanut....

I realize that some of you may be wondering where the Snoopy moniker came from. Well here is the story:
This past year I have been attending LeTourneau University, and while I am studying I have decided to obtain the "full college experience" by living on campus. Not really knowing much about dorm life and which dorm to choose my freshman year, I did an eneey-mineey-moe dealio and choose the dorm known as Margaret Davis Hall. I was soon to find out just how lucky I was. [or was it really luck?] This dorm is unique on the LETU campus in that it houses both guys and girls. The first and third floors are girls floors and the middle floor is for the guys. Hence I would now reside on Davis 2.
During the first few weeks of my freshman semester, we participated in the {wonderful} activity known as Extended Orientation. This practice is where the floor participates in "floor bonding" activities to bring us closer together. Well, during EO, each incoming freshman is given a unique nickname known as their floor name. Well my current roommate, Nick Schulze, was given the wonderful name of "Woodstock"
If you have ever seen Nick, you will immediately recognize the similarity between the cool-handed, slick-haired, smart Bio-Med major that we all know and love, and the lovable Peanuts character.
Well anyways, the floor name that was given me was "Padre", they say because I came from San Diego and I liked the Padres. After that, the reasons are pretty lame. Well I played along with the charade and accepted my new floor name, but after a semester passed and no one had ever called me by this name, I decided that it was time for what my mom used to call, "an executive decision" {I really have no idea what that means, it just sounds really cool and whenever she said that she would take us to McDonalds, so  it must mean something really awesome.} So anyways, back to my executive decision....I decided that it was time to make up my own floor name, one that epitomized the sheer epicness of being a roommate of the great Woodstock. What else was there to choose but SNOOPY! So from hence forth, I have been known by the name of the beloved white beagle with the flying doghouse. So now you know the legend behind the dynamic duo of Snoopy and Woodstock, and their fight against the evil minions of the peanut man....

No comments:

Post a Comment