About Me

My photo
Valley Center, California, United States
A Christian studying to become a missionary pilot. I have felt the call on my life to reach the untold millions of those who need His message. I also absolutely love any kind of sport on the face of the planet.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 days!!!

There are only 10 more days til I leave for Ecuador! Well, really only 9 because there is about an hour left of this day.......and I leave at like 5 in the morning so that day really doesn't count either....so more like 8 days...GAHHH!!! It's almost here! And I haven't even thought of packing yet....oh boy...packing...that would be a good idea. Well I think I'll stick with my time honored tradition of waiting til the night before to pack all my stuff...yeah, that sounds like a great idea...


So the other day I found out that I had reached my goal of becoming fully funded for the trip! I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and thankfulness to God. A couple months ago when I was looking at how much it was going to cost and with flying expenses at college, I just didn't know how I was ever going to figure it out. But then God reminded me that I couldn't figure it out...silly me, trying to take the driver's seat again. God had a plan the whole time and He wasn't worried at all so why should I be worried? Once I decided to accept this, my life became so much easier and less stressful. When I gave it all up to God, and said, "God if it is your will for me to go to Ecuador this summer, then you will make a way for it. So right now I am stepping out of the way, and I'm going to get some popcorn and maybe a soda and sit in the passenger seat right here and I'm gonna sit and wait and watch for the fireworks....and then God smiled and said, "Buckle up, its gonna be a great ride." The adventure is just beginning and already I am having a blast. Hope you guys enjoy the ride too. {God rented a big suburban so you guys can all sit in the back seat and come along for the ride too.} :)

No comments:

Post a Comment