About Me

My photo
Valley Center, California, United States
A Christian studying to become a missionary pilot. I have felt the call on my life to reach the untold millions of those who need His message. I also absolutely love any kind of sport on the face of the planet.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 1 of the Adventure

Well the adventure has officially begun!! The day started bright and early today as we got up at 3:30am to drive to the airport. We got to LAX on time for my flight at 7:40. First off, we were to fly to Miami to join the rest of the group before we left the country. The five hour flight to Miami was nice and the in-flight entertainment helped the time pass quickly. I arrived in Miami at about 3pm local time. Unfortunately, it was raining on my first visit to Florida, but coming in to land right over the pristine beaches was a beautiful sight. Well I had a hunch feeling that it had been too easy so far, and with my apparent attraction to flight delays and problems I knew the next problem (I like to call them adventures) was right around the corner. So upon landing, we discover that our connecting flight to Quito had been delayed an hour so we would have to wait. Apparently there is a volcano going off close to Quito and so the airport has been closed to all flights. What was to be an hour has now turned into a day. The flight is now scheduled to leave tomorrow morning at 6. We have heard reports that it might be closed longer, so we are hoping for the best and praying that God directs our next steps. As some of you probably know, I am a fairly optimistic person and so I like to think of these roadblocks as another great adventure on our journey. I love adventures....Its only the first day and already its been a great ride. Stay tuned for more updates. Hopefully tomorrow, ECUADOR! JUNGLE OR BUST!

No comments:

Post a Comment