About Me

My photo
Valley Center, California, United States
A Christian studying to become a missionary pilot. I have felt the call on my life to reach the untold millions of those who need His message. I also absolutely love any kind of sport on the face of the planet.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Something to think about.


Before you read the rest of this post, watch this video.....





The Gospel is only good news if it gets there in time.......wow
the numbers blow me away, the pictures of the girl with scars on her hands fill my eyes with tears, the very magnitude of need in our world brings me to my knees.........there are so, so many in this world who are hurting, who are struggling to just survive. 30,000 people starve to death every day, and I have all you can eat buffet three times a day......

If I can anything through this video, I hope I can cause you to think. Think about the way you are living your life right now, RIGHT NOW. What are you doing to bring healing to those around you, what are you doing to bring the message of the gospel to those we so desperately need it. This has definitely challenged me. Even with my very limited resources as a college student, I am looking for every opportunity I can to follow my Jesus and answer the call.

Recently a man named Jack Murphy came to chapel to speak. He was famous for his role in the biggest diamond heist in history. He was eventually caught and his many other crimes, including murder gave him a sentence of 240 years......240 years. And yet, God came to him in the deep darkness of prison. A ministry started by Bill Glass came to his prison yard and put together an event. He brought famous athletes, nascar drivers, rock stars and many other to his prison. But he also brought hundreds of volunteers to this weekend, armed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jack was drawn by all the famous people and he really wanted to see the fast cars and so he went. But when the time came to pair up with a volunteer and talk, Jack was convicted with the way his life was going. The young college student asked him, are you happy with your life? Jack said no, Then, he said, you need a new driver. Let God be your driver. And Jack knelt down that day and became a Christian. He wanted that new driver, he wanted a new life.He didn't say how, but somehow he got out of prison after 25 years. And now he tours with Bill Glass all over the world, in the very prisons he just escaped from. He goes not because he likes prisons, but because he knows the need of those inside those four walls. At the end of his chapel speech, Jack asked if we would be willing to go with him to DFW state prison on Nov 11-13 and be that light in the darkness. I was intrigued, but was too scared. He then said, "I know your scared. You don't think you can relate to a hardened criminal. But God doesnt need your words or your experience, he just needs your obedience. You need to put Him back in the driver seat." And I signed myself up. I'm still scared out of my mind about what I'm going to say, or what I'm going to do. But I'm also excited, excited for what I know God is going to do.......

I'm not here to brag about how great a Christian I am, cause I am most definitely not, I merely want to encourage you. We are all called to be lifetime missionaries, maybe not in a distant country, but in our workplace, our social groups and in our communities, I would strongly encourage you to get involved. Check out Champions for Life at:this link Maybe they are having one near you. But whatever you do, don't just read this and watch the video and not let it change you. Don't ever forget the face of that little girl. God loves her as much as He loves you. He is calling us to go to her, to comfort her, and to protect her, to give her a home, and to show her the only way to Salvation.......

Now the decision is yours to make....

No comments:

Post a Comment