About Me

My photo
Valley Center, California, United States
A Christian studying to become a missionary pilot. I have felt the call on my life to reach the untold millions of those who need His message. I also absolutely love any kind of sport on the face of the planet.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Super Bowl Time!!!!

So all I got to say is wow. God you are AWESOME. He has been doing some incredible things in my life recently. Although when I tell them they might not seem very earth-shattering, to me they are. So as most of you know, I am going to college in Texas to be a missionary pilot. Well as you also probably know, college is expensive. Tack on flight training and you got alot of expensive. So anyways, I don't know, it just seems like recently I have been kinda burdened with just the sheer magnitude of debt that I am going to have when I graduate from here, and despite my best efforts at working part time jobs during the semester, its just hard to make ends meet. I don't know why but I was getting just a little depressed, although I might not have been showing it outwardly I had this burden on my heart.
Well we serve an awesome God. And this past couple weeks God has just come alongside me and encouraged me to persevere and not to lose heart. I was at church a few Sundays ago and was listening to a message on Paul and the "thorn in his side" that God had {blessed} him with. I'm sure you have all heard the story, but I will just paraphrase it for you. Basically God had given Paul this weakness, whether physical or emotional we are not really sure, but we do know that it was a burden on Paul. Three times Paul asked God to remove it from his life but God did not. Finally God said to Paul, I will NOT take this thorn from you, because I have given it to you to grow your faith. In your weakness I will make you strong. Through your shortcoming, I will be glorified. I will shine greater through your weakness and I could have ever through your strengths......
And I just felt God speaking to my heart at that moment and saying, "I have given you this weakness in finances." You will never be rid of it. You will never be rich and have multiple houses and cars and an extravagent lifestyle, instead you will have just enough to make it through. I will bring you through. Though this weakness, MY power will be shown in you. And through your life I will be glorified. And a peace just came over me at that moment. I can't explain it. I was like the entire weight of trying to figure out how to pay off college debt was lifted of my shoulders and I was free. Not free from the debt, but free from worrying about it. GOD WOULD TAKE CARE OF ME. He would bring me through, He had promised me. And however long it took him was totally up to God. And I am ready to follow Him.

But the story is not over yet. God decided that He needed a little bit more fireworks.......So you all know I love sports. Football in particular.  I am a die hard San Diego Chargers fan. Have been all my life. I was born with it. Well I have never been to a profeesional football game, let alone my Chargers football game. As you know these games are quite expensive to attend. Well it just so happens that a few days after church, my good friend Mirb message me. He's all like, "Did you know that the Chargers are playing the Houston Texans in Houston on November 7?" {the texans are his favorite team......poor soul} And I'm all like of course I know that. Then he goes, "Well would you like to be there to see it?" and I'm like, whats the catch man....He's all like, "no catch bro, its my birthday, all expenses paid." At this point, it hasn't quite set in my mind and I'm like well, that would be cool, but its never going to happen. He goes, "ok, I'm ordering the tickets right now....."
I had to pause a moment to pick myself of the ground. Did he just say that we were going to a Chargers Football game??? Did I get enough sleep last night? I think my mind is playing tricks on me. I read the message again, yes he really did just say that.............thus begins a crazy victory dance around the dorm room with many shouts and jubilant cries............really, I'm going to the game. It might as well be the Super Bowl, this was a big deal.......then with tears in my eyes, I remember God's promise.
"I will take care of you and bring you through." Wow God, really? you are an incredible God.........wow.

So as you all know I like to end these things with a motivating thought. So why don't you just try out my little experiment. Maybe God hasnt given you the weakness of money, maybe you are weak in another area. Take some time, think about what worries you the most. What do you spend the most time thinking about? Then give it to God. Let him have control of your weakness. Let Him shine through you, like sunlight through a stain glass window. Test Him. See if He follows through. In Malachi we read,

"put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. 11 I will rebuke the devourer [2] for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the Lord of hosts. 12 Then all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts."


Take that step of faith, let God take the lead. Stop living a life of false pride and acting like you have it all together, let God make you perfect through weakness.....who knows, you might be going to the Superbowl...





No comments:

Post a Comment